Saturday, August 18, 2012

"Bisy Backson" (Pilochtry Knitwear, Spring 1982)

If I've been missing in action the past few weeks it's because I've been travelling - and managing to pick up a pile of early 60s fashion magazines and some Victorian and Edwardian photographs and postcards along the way. I have to sort them out and scan them before I can post them to this blog, so meanwhile ... here's a little something I found among the craft books in a charity shop today:




This little catalogue was produced by a Scottish mail-order knitwear firm in 1982 and shows some fashionably conservative clothes from the period.  Note, once again, the pie-crust frills on the shirts worn by the models in the top picture!  The pleated skirts were also very true to the era - in fact I can remember owning something like them myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment