Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Vintage Swimwear Advertisements (1960s)

The heatwave continues!  It's far too hot to compose a blog post, so I think I'll go for a dip instead.  Hmmm.... what shall I wear?  Maybe these vintage ads will give me some ideas...


From Germany in 1963 we have this advertisement for Benger Ribana.  Well I've got to admit these swimsuits look cute!  However I'm not sure I'd want to sit on a metal beach-buggy on a scorching hot day...


How about these one-pieces from Jantzen (1963)?  Once again, the word that springs to mind is "cute".


Maglia in 1964 offers a choice of a bikini and a one-piece—both in Bri-Nylon!


Also in Bri-Nylon, this costume from 1969, with an up-to-the-minute daisy pattern!



Finally, two girls splashing happily in the sea in costumes made of diolen (1969).  A quick google tells me that diolen has some of the properties of kelvar, but I don't think these swimsuits are bulletproof!

And... oh look!  I think I just wrote a blog entry after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment