Thursday, June 17, 2021

Crimes in Crochet III (Stitchcraft, June 1970)

 I wasn't going to do a third post in this series, until I went through my collection and (re)discovered this:


I'm aware that bridal costumes weren't always as expensive as they are today.  Nonetheless, I'm taken aback at the idea that in 1970 someone thought it was a good idea to crochet your own wedding dress!  There are even matching crochet patterns for dresses for your flower girls.

The original owner of this copy of Stitchcraft wrote some notes on the cover.  Following the clues I investigated inside and found the following photo:


It seems that someone intended to make herself a "Tyrolean waistcoat" in crochet squares.   To be honest, I'm puzzled finding anything particularly Tyrolean about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment